Translate

Friday 26 January 2018

What now???????

What now?



I mean we went to school with a fierce passion (some of us though). This strong belief that we would be fine in the end, that we would finish school and get awesome jobs. Work and become rich! Our parents also had same dreams for us, each believing that their child was the chosen one. The next big thing! The one who would become this super successful human being.

Well look at us now.

I mean, look at me. I can’t even answer the most important question every human being should be able to answer at every crucial point in their life, because apparently I don’t know what’s next. I don’t even know what I want to do considering the state of my beloved country (Judge all you want)
When I was 5, I wanted to be a medical doctor. I wanted to make the world a better place, full of butterflies, flowers and of course no sick people because I’d have this awesome super power and skills to heal every sick person. Ha ha, it’s hard to believe I was that naive once.
 When I was 12 I’d changed my mind and decided to be a singer.  I joined the local church choir as a stepping stone towards becoming the queen of that castle I built in the clouds. Lord! The countless concerts I held in my bathroom. It was amaze balls!  I had the slippery floor to thank for the smooth execution of my dance moves. Those were happy years.
At 15 I was torn in between still studying to become a medical doctor and my dream to be a singer. One was fancier (I bet you know which).   So I went for auditions on project fame and other platforms that promised to bring that dream to fruition. Sadly my dream of becoming a superstar was not in love with me as much as I was in love it, in fact it hated me. My mother (bless her heart) supported me regardless of how ridiculous my dreams seemed.
At 19 I was already in the University studying biochemistry, all dreams of becoming a medical doctor or a singer dead and buried. Reality had begun to sink in.

 Here I am now, a 24year old lady. I’m done with my first degree, taken jobs randomly to pay the bills and get by, I still sing (mostly to myself or on smule). I have a crazy passion for creating content, will I monetize it? Will I become a best selling author some day? Will I own my own business? My own brand? Or will I work and help build other people’s companies? I don’t know! Am I dumb for not knowing? Not smart enough? I still don’t know!
I do know one thing though, while I’m still trying to figure out who I am. I still got this! Yeah! A platform to air my thoughts, write captivating stories and be me!
This one is for anyone out there, who is having a hard time figuring out what next....You are not alone. We’ll get through this one.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Reading this I could almost say you are telepathic cos you dealt deep into my recent thoughts and pulled them right from where under where I hid them. This just made my night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate!
      Thank you for reading me.

      Delete
    2. You welcome Somtochukwu

      Delete
  2. You will figure it out in due time.... It always happens

    ReplyDelete